needs more secrets
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Made by Vidar Nelson and Peter McEvoy for ludum dare 31
A colorful farming game that features 5 different types of crops, several tools and upgrades and an awesome co-op mode.
What are you waiting for?
-- TUTORIAL --
View the gif to the right or the included file "tutorial.gif" for an animated tutorial explaining how to grow and sell your first crop.
To run the game, please drag and drop the file named go_farm.love on love.exe (on windows) or love.app (on osx)
In other words, do this:
go_farm.love ----> love
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I do like this game. I achieved everything I can besides playing multiplayer. This game should develop further! I like how originally this layout of "separate islands" was done and it was kind of fitting to find a secret path. Cause this game is so small I'll try to cover everything useful I can.
1. Game needs "turn down the music" key.
2. Saves please.
3. Normal opening maybe?
4. Of cource buyables need tooltips. Name, time of growing, if produces once or more.
5. More clear exploring. People think that they can't go anywhere besides roads. Tutorial page on the start would help to explain everything without the gif also.
6. When you hold a pathway tile you should know exaclty where you gonna place it, the place should be highlighted.
7. There are holes that are not holes. For a example, one of them lead to the secret pathway. It looks like you are walking on the sky.
8. I agree with previous reviewer. Fences should be buildable and removable. A hammer should do. Also crops (especially bushes!) and pathways. And trees (an axe), also growing them.
9. An easter egg is dissappointing. Findable item there should be more expensive. Or even a sprite that is unique and not movable. Better if both. This would create a positive connection with those items and a sprite.
10. More crops. I mean more expensive. For more goals and therefore length of the game.
11. I think rain and snow won't fit. They do not serve any purpose and make all of the colours too much different.
12. Bird feeders won't work too because they do not serve any purpose either besides giving trees a purpose.
For some reason it's so intresting and fun to play. It's a great little game to play I really enjoyed and I'm glad you put the work into it to make it. Thanks!
I very much enjoyed the game. Its simplicity, lack of a storyline, and wanderlust make it a great hobby. At one point I was playing it every day! It brought out what I always wanted in a planting game.
However, there are a few things that would be nice if they were in the game:
¬ Buyable fences, and the ability to remove them.
¬ Making shovels able to dig up crops and pathways.
¬ Rain and snow.
¬ A bird feeder to hang on the tree (because let's be honest, that tree has been doing nothing up until now).
I rate this game 5/5, because of how much fun and imagination it stirs up in me, and it being a very good way to pass the time. However, there is room for improvement.
Great video, thanks for playing the game :)
You had some good ideas in the video. For instance, it would be nice to have a description of the items in the shop. Thanks for the suggestion
what game engine was it made with? If none what code program was used to make it?
Thank You Very Much. I will look into trying to learn lua.
Do you have any tips for me about where I can find good tutorials and such for learning lua.
It probably depends on your overall experience with programming and what you want to achieve. If your goal is just to get started making games I would actually recommend you to take a look at game maker by yoyo games. It's a great 2D game engine where a lot of commercial games are made.
On the other hand, if you are interested in programming, love 2D and lua is a good place to start. Maybe this is a good starting point: http://www.osmstudios.com/tutorials/your-first-lov... ? Please let me know what you are looking for and I can probably give you better advice. :)
If you want to make some lua games you can check out pico-8 which is a fantasy console where you can make games and browse them or you can download tic-80 which is basically the same thing and it's on itch.io (pico-8 cost money and tic-80 is free to download).
Very amazing game. Really cute and all.
Played it with my friend once and we planted corn everywhere and there was so much corn the game crashed.
Second time the two of us played, we planted berries everywhere. Player two disappeared and stopped existing so we couldn't play together anymore.
I don't know if that was the intended use because there was a crap ton of corn and berries. Like everywhere. Any place there was grass we had planted corn.
Other than that, great game!
Thanks a lot for playing the game and taking the time to comment :)
It really warms my heart that you enjoyed it. I'm sorry for the crashes, we've never stress tested the game by covering the entire ground with corn before ;) Thanks for letting us know!